The Association of Leasehold Enfranchisement Practitioners (ALEP) is celebrating following a momentous night for its members at this year’s eagerly-awaited Enfranchisement and Right to Manage Awards (ERMAs).
The nominations saw ALEP members make up the majority of the finalists, being shortlisted in all six categories. At the awards ceremony in London on 30 November, ALEP members scooped all six awards, with a further seven members highly commended.
Awards for ALEP members included:
- Chambers of the Year: Falcon Chambers (Winner), Landmark Chambers (Highly Commended).
- Solicitor of the Year: Shabnam Ali-Khan, Russell-Cooke LLP (Winner), Aashu Oberoi, Housing and Property Law Partnership Solicitors (Highly Commended).
- Solicitors Firm of the Year: Forsters LLP (Winner), Adcocks Solicitors Limited & Commonhold and Leasehold Experts Limited (both Highly Commended).
- Young Professional of the Year: Dani Green, Brethertons (Winner), James Carpenter, Forsters LLP (Highly Commended).
- Valuer of the Year: Julian Wilkins, Julian Wilkins & Co Chartered Surveyors (Winner), Alison Stone, Alison Stone Surveyors (Highly Commended).
- Valuers Firm of the Year: McDowalls Surveyors Limited (Winner), myleasehold ltd (Highly Commended).
Mark Chick, ALEP Director, attended this year’s ceremony. He said: “ALEP members once again demonstrated their expertise and excellence in the field of leasehold enfranchisement and we are delighted for the many ALEP members who were acknowledged for the work they do for the sector – especially given the challenges of 2021 and the lack of clarity around potential reforms.
“Next year marks ALEP’s 15-year anniversary and the awards are a testament to the calibre of the members that make up the organisation – we are so very proud of all those who were nominated and won awards.”
The annual ERMAs celebrate professional excellence in the enfranchisement sector. For more information please visit – https://www.thenotbawards.co.uk/