ALEP members enjoyed a night of Mastermind and Mojitos at ALEP's fifth annual quiz night, which raised more than £500 for charity.
Held at The Gable, Moorgate more than 90 members attended this year's competition making it our most popular quiz night to date!
This year's champions were first time winners, the 'Northern Powerhouse' team from Anthony Gold Solicitors and Freshlaw (part of Cubism Law) - congratulations to you all!
Teams took part in a new-style quiz, which included music trivia and a livley Quizmaster!
The quiz concluded with a 'Weakest Link' style elimination round, with a representative from each team took part in a quick-fire round. Sean Pugh of Kerry London came out on top, but his efforts were not enough to take this year's title.
Pemberton Greenish's 'Class A' team were the victims of the tricky music round and took home this year's wooden spoon – better luck next time!
Over the course of the evening, a fantastic £585 was raised for the charity Mind – as selected by last year's winners Trowers and Hamlins.
This year's raffle prizes included a selection of luxury treats donated by generous ALEP members, including:
- A tasting menu for two at Fera at Claridge's, which was generously donated by our sponsor, Kerry London.
- Dinner for two in the Dining Room at The Goring: donated by Anthony Gold Solicitors
- Theatre Tokens worth £150: donated by Bishop & Sewell
- Luxury hamper: donated by Leasehold group of companies
- £100 Selfridges voucher: donated by Seddons
- A bottle of Champagne: donated by Robsons
- £100 bar tab: donated by our venue for the evening, The Gable
Thank you so much to everyone who supported this event by attending, and donating generous raffle prizes. Special thanks also to Kerry London who sponsored this year's quiz, and Irwin Mitchell for the Mojitos on arrival!